Monday, July 2, 2012

Moo-ving.

Long time no see, old blog.

Well, I fell in love with Columbus but after a great eight year run, it's time to pack up and hit the road.

On August 13, I'm officially relocating to Madison, Wisconsin.

Last week I spent some time in Madison and elsewhere around the upper midwest and I'm feeling very optimistic about things. I've been so impressed.

First, let's visualize. Geographically, the downtown area is located on an isthmus between two of the larger lakes:

View Larger Map

 Being surrounded by water is a very peaceful way to live.

We are moving to a little area known as Williamson-Marquette (or "Willy"). In Columbus-speak, this would equate to probably Clintonville with an even better walk score. It's a quick bike ride from the Capitol (and the famed Saturday farmer's market) and in the midst of cafes, grocery co-ops, restaurants, etc. and we will be 3 short blocks from Lake Monona (and not a whole many more blocks from Lake Mendota-- c'mon, it's an isthmus).



Luckily for us and the dogs, our new place has a back yard shared among the four units in our building. We have an entire floor to ourselves with three bedrooms and a generous amount of living space. I'm already in love with the mature trees, abundance of sidewalks, bike lanes and architecture.

So stick with me while I love my New 'Hood. I'll try to keep up this time, documenting the various aspects of Madison (and other areas I visit in Wisconsin) as a means to keep in touch with you fine folks and to review local joints.


Prior to my move, expect a few posts from my adventures last week: we dined out at some decent restaurants like Merchant, Cooper's and Lazy Jane's, toured New Glarus (the brewery and the town!), and enjoyed relaxing on the lake.


I'll miss you all (well, most of you) very much but just because I'm moving north doesn't mean I cannot be visited ;)

1 comment:

  1. This is Jonathan Graham and I just wanted to say that I'm proud that you properly used the word isthmus.

    ReplyDelete