Saturday, July 14, 2012

Badgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadger

While I was in Wisconsin, we spent a decent amount of time near the Capitol and in the university area.

The only thing that I will say about the University of Wisconsin and the Badgers in this post is:
We will be attending the Buckeyes v Badgers game in Madison in November.
I will be wearing a block O.

Moving on: The off-campus area is nice. It's a little bit cozier than OSU's. Nearly every shop, bar or cafe has their own reserved patio space beyond their front sidewalks.
I don't foresee spending a lot of time in this area once the fall classes begin and the students file in, but it seems very calm during the summer session. State Street has your campus area staples such as Starbucks, Jimmy John's, Urban Outfitters, collegiate gear shops, ethnic foods, etc. Typical :)




I was most charmed by the Wisconsin Union Terrace. Pitchers of craft beer (New Belgium! and New Glarus, notably) while sitting out on the lake. Pure bliss. I certainly did not feel like I was on university property.



The Terrace also has outdoor movies during the summer nights, live music and other events. Solid little gathering place.








1 comment: