Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Couple of Neighborhoods Over...

One of the reasons I'm excited to move to Madison has nothing to do with Wisconsin at all. And I might be stretching it a bit when I say I'm very much looking forward to living in a distant suburb of Chicago, IL (okay, big stretch).

Chicago is only about 2.5 hours away by car. During my Madison visit, I planned out a megabus trip into the city. I departed from UW and arrived in downtown Chicago in just 3 hours and for $1. I bought two return trips at different times (just in case) for a whopping total of $7. During the weekdays, there are about 11 trips to Chicago from Madison each day. Weekends are a little bit more costly and less frequent, but I'm a huge believer in the Megabus.

James and I have always loved Chicago. The dining, entertainment, craft beer, public transit, sports: I'm very excited to have this at the cost of a 5 hour round trip.

I definitely encourage our Ohio friends to meet up with us in Chicago. Our friend Brandie has already planned her trip to Madison through Chicago and scored a ticket from CMH to Midway flying Southwest at a great price. If our schedules and pups will allow it, we will go to into the city whenever we can. So keep that in mind, ok? :)

Another big bonus: One of my dearest friends lives in Bucktown and I'm thrilled to share a time zone with her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment