Monday, October 18, 2010

Stauf's


Oh, the place of blind dates, homework, cramming for exams, discussing existentialism, free wireless internet... oh, and coffee.

Stauf's in located on Grandview Ave. next to Jeni's. It's in the same family as Cup O' Joe and Mo Joe Lounge. (In college I went to the Lennox and Clintonville Cup O' Joe locations a lot to study and have bagels.)

Right now I'm sipping on a pumpkin latte. A friend of mine swears up and down that they have the worst cup of coffee in town, and I dilute mine with half and half or drink tea anyway, but it's not really about the coffee.

It boils down to internet and lots of tables. They have plenty of outside seating as well. Parking is never an issue. They are open later than a lot of other free wifi places (until 11 or midnight most nights). I have also had the pleasure of running in to people that I don't mind running in to.

I'm actually posting from Stauf's right now because I have more work to get done than I can think of. I don't operate well on tasks at home because things like the Pup or chores distract me. And to be honest, the only reason I've blogged for the first time in months is because, well, I'm here and I'd rather not do work.


Anyway, think local: http://www.staufs.com/content.aspx?page=grandviewstore

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stauf's is the classic café. I'm a big fan of the food as well as the coffee. Try their French press sometime, that is a great cup of joe.

    ReplyDelete