Sunday, April 11, 2010

Local Favorite: Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams

Trying to think of all of my favorite things that are native to Columbus has been very difficult! The list is extensive. The top thing that comes to mind is a constant obsession of mine: Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams .
Jeni's is local to Columbus and can be found in the North Market, Grandview, the Short North, Bexley and Dublin. They create exotic (and often seasonal) flavors that use ingredients from Ohio and responsible ingredients from everywhere else. They incorporate one of my favorite products: milk from Snowville Creamery (I'll get into that in another post!)
My favorite flavor is Gravel Road. (It's Salty Caramel with nuts.) I'm a big fan of sweet and salty, chunky and nutty ice cream flavors. I also enjoy Smoked Chocolate, Honey Vanilla and Bourbon Buttered Pecan.
My near-fanaticism over Jeni's has led to my over-tweeting to and about @Jenisicecreams.
I'm such a sucker for a duo in a cup and have even walked in a blizzard to get to the Grandview location for a fix! You can find a pint in my freezer on occasion, though they don't last too long.
Explore the website for a list of flavors, locations and to read more about Jeni's.

3 comments:

  1. I do love some Jeni's but I'm super lame and usually get the tamest of all: lemon yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting... I really like it... Thank you so much...

    busana muslim

    ReplyDelete